1. Basic Principles
Accuracy strictly adheres to the following basic principles in protecting its User`s personal data
1.1 Accuracy will comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection (e.g., U.S. Data Protection Act, German Data Protection Laws, European Data Protection Directives and any other applicable data protection legislation).
1.2 Accuracy shall use the User`s personal data solely to provide the User with the Accuracy services for which it has registered. Accuracy will never pass the User`s personal data on to any third party, unless consented to by the User (cf., Section 7 of the Accuracy General Terms and Conditions).
- "Personal data" means any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable person.
- "Non-personal data" means any information not concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable person (e.g., computer name and IP addresses etc.).
- "Accuracy websites" are all websites on which Accuracy provides the Accuracy Services.
- "Users" are all users of the Accuracy Services, visitors to one of the Accuracy websites or parties, who register to receive for Accuracy services.
- "Registration data" is the data the User is obliged to make available to Accuracy in a registration process, for use of any of the respective Accuracy services.
- "Accuracy Services" include any services provided by Accuracy in or out of the context of the Accuracy websites, including the websites and their contents themselves.
3. Registration Data
3.1 For certain Accuracy services to function, Accuracy must collect and process certain data provided by the User in the course of registration. This includes a password and user name, inter alia. The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its password and account. Accuracy will not disclose the password to any other User or third party and will not ask for the User's username or password at any time. The User should not respond to such an inquiry, and should inform Accuracy of any such inquiry. 3.2 Further data collected in the course of registration may include, inter alia:
- Company name
- Registered company office, incl. address
- First name, surname of the registering party
- Position (title) of the registering party
- First name, surname of the contact person
- Position (title) of the contact person
- Business email account of the contact person
- Business telephone number of the contact person.
4. Non-personal data collected by Accuracy
The User understands that parts of the Accuracy service in the context of the Accuracy websites include the collection and processing of non-personal, access and traffic data, not concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable User for the purpose of website traffic analysis and prevention of anonymous, potentially deleterious use of the Accuracy services (e.g., spam, hacker attacks, fraudulent/bad faith inquiries regarding Accuracy services).
5.Newsletter, weekly status-emails, information updates
7. Log Files
7.1 Each time a User accesses a website from the Accuracy websites, Accuracy may save the following data in a log file (i.e., "server log"):
- The User`s IP address (by which its computer can be clearly identified),
- The name and IP address of the computer requesting the respective page from the Accuracy Websites (i.e., "remote host computer"),
- The time, status, and amount of the transferred data, as well as the internet website from which the User reached the requested page of the Accuracy Websites (i.e., "referrer"),
- The product and release information from its internet browser (i.e., "user agent"), and
- Various data regarding the Accuracy webpages visited during its session.
7.2 Accuracy uses the data from this log file for statistical purposes in anonymous form without reference to the User`s person. In doing so, Accuracy may analyze on which days and at which time the Accuracy Services are particularly frequented and how much data volume is created on the Accuracy websites. Accuracy may also use this data to e.g. identify defects on the Accuracy websites, such as defective hyperlinks or program defects. Accuracy does not attribute the website demands stored in the log file to specific individual Users.
7.3 Accuracy reserves the right to review the log files from the last known IP address of an User, where Accuracy has reasonable cause to believe that the User is using Accuracy Services in breach of contractual agreements, applicable law or for other malicious/bad faith purposes.
8. Links to other websites
Links and banners to other websites both associated and not associated with Accuracy may be linked on Accuracy websites. Accuracy explicitly distances itself from content reached through such banners, links and deep links not operated by Accuracy. Accuracy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites, which are not operated by Accuracy. Accuracy emphasizes it has no influence on the form or contents of those pages or on bringing about a connection to the linked site. The contents are carefully researched. Inspection of the linked pages' content is however not reasonable without actual knowledge of concrete evidence indicating an illegal activity. Accuracy requests immediate notice of any grounds for complaint. No guarantee of the correctness, completeness, or currency of the data is given. Liability, in particular for possible damage occurring due to use of the website(s), is precluded.
11. Choice of Law, Forum
Last Update: 24 June 2009